At OneLife Medical Center we know the value of supplements in preventing disease and managing your health. We recognize that most individuals take daily vitamins, minerals or herbs and that many patients see them as an “alternative” to traditional medicine.
For many patients there is a perceived “safety” in taking vitamins or herbs since they are “natural”. While this is generally true, supplements can be dangerous when taken in large amounts, when combined with prescription medications or when taken in the setting of chronic health conditions including liver and kidney problems. As a result, supplements should be monitored by a health care professional.
Nutritional supplementation is an important part of good health. We believe that supplements are not an alternative, but rather a complement to traditional medications and an important part of a complete plan of care.
Important facts on Nutrition:
- 33% of avoidable cancers are related to diet and obesity. This is equal to the number of cancers related to tobacco use!
- American Cancer Society: Statement of supplements – “strong evidence that diet rich in vegetables, fruits, and other plant based foods may reduce risk for cancer”
- Multivitamins have been shown to boost energy and enhance mood
- Studies show that B-Complex Vitamins may help slow progression of dementia and memory loss
- There is increasing evidence that low Vitamin D levels may be associated with increased risk for certain malignancies, including breast, prostate, colon and pancreas
- Multiple studies show a reduction of cholesterol associated with supplementation withflax seed and fish oils. This may translate to lower risk for cardiovascular disease
OneLife Medical Center is happy to partner with and provide a full line of supplements from Bionatures. All BioNatures’ products are manufactured in a pharmaceutical quality lab to insure the highest standards are being practiced.